Most World Horizons staff participate in the same introductory training program. We appreciate the value of academic education, however our staff come from all walks of life, accordingly we like to bring new team members together to introduce them to cross-cultural mission and to the values and vision of World Horizons as a peer group.
Unlike some ministries we do our own training in-house. Students live together in community and build relationships that can last a lifetime despite the distance between the places they ultimately serve.
World Horizons places a high value on the individual team member. Training for service and orientation into the family of World Horizons are important parts of the process for new staff members. At the same time we recognize that those joining us are coming from a diversity of experiences and educational backgrounds.
Our training is facilitated in community with a wide variety of activities and curriculum subjects. Training staff are experienced field personnel who share from their testimony and their ministry.
A typical Introduction program with us could include the following:
- A team development exercise week for personal and team development training.
- A week doing a project or survey of a multi-cultural community.
- A visit to a nation in the Africa or the Middle east.
- Classes in Biblical Survey, Christian Doctrine, Spiritual Warfare, Language Acquisition, Biblical Basis of Mission, Cultural Anthropology, Cross-Cultural Communication & World Religions.
- A practical skills review.
- Worship, prayer, time for personal reflection and a lot of fun and fellowship with staff and other trainees.